From the Board President
On behalf of the Family Process Institute (FPI) Board of Directors, I’m pleased to welcome you to our website.
As an independent, multidisciplinary, transnational organization, we assert equal rights and just treatment of all individuals, regardless of race, nationality, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, language, age, and ability. We dedicate ourselves to promoting a more inclusive and socially just world by developing and exchanging new theory, research, applied practice and policy related to diverse families and systems.
FPI seeks to be a global voice for scholarly work and to shape future directions for research and practice toward ameliorating suffering and enhancing the lives of individuals, couples, and families through our journal, Family Process. Our partner, Wiley, publishes Family Process, distinguished as the first journal in the field of family therapy.
FPI develops and implements initiatives to further systemic thinking and advance multiculturalism in family theory, research, practice, and advocacy. The initiatives (New Writers, Grants, International, Webinar Series, and Social Justice) aim to achieve the following:
- Disseminate knowledge in systems theory, research, and practice
- Advance post-graduate training for practitioners of research-informed systemic approaches
- Support doctoral students in meeting graduate program requirements
- Promote the capacity of early-career practitioners and scholars to advance family systems practice and research
- Collaborate with professional organizations that promote and advocate for family systems theory and practice
- Uphold social justice
Details on all of our initiatives can be found on this website using the tabs at the top.
We encourage your interest, support, and participation in our mission to move forward social justice and evolve new theory, research, and practice in the area of Family Processes. I look forward to hearing from you.
Manijeh Daneshpour, PhD, President, Family Process Institute